TapSnap Van Gives Back – The Rules
Contest Rules and Regulations for the “TapSnap Van Gives Back” Contest
Operated by TapSnap Vancouver and TapSnap™
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The “TapSnap Van Gives Back” Contest is hosted by TapSnap Vancouver and TapSnap™, and sponsored by Vancity Buzz. This Contest is governed by the official rules listed below. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these official rules. This includes all eligibility requirements with the understanding that the results of this Contest, as determined by a public vote, are final in all respects.
This Contest is in no way endorsed, administered, associated, or sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked, or Google+. Any questions or complaints should be directed to the Contest hosts TapSnap Vancouver and TapSnap™.
It is important to note that Photo Entertainment Packages (prizes) provided by TapSnap are valid for use only within ONE (1) year after being awarded.
By entering the Contest, contestants give TapSnap Vancouver permission to film any or all parts of the event.
- The entire duration of the Contest will run for a total of six (6) weeks.
- The Entry Period for Charity or Non-Profit Organizations begins on Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 at 12:00 PM PST and ends on Monday, May 9th, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST. The Entry Period will run for a total of three (3) weeks.
- The Voting Period for the public begins on Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 at 09:00 AM PST and ends on Monday, May 30th, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST. The Voting Period will run for a total of three (3) weeks.
This Contest is open to established and registered Canadian Non-Profit and Charity organizations, with the exception of those from Quebec, hosting events in Greater Vancouver (Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, and Maple Ridge), and Whistler, B.C. ONLY. As such, Contest hosts will ONLY accept submissions from Charities and Non-Profit Organizations that comply with these terms.
- The Entry Period begins on Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 at 12:00 PM PST.
- The Entry Period will run for a total of three (3) weeks.
- All entries must be submitted by Monday, May 9th, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST.
- Contest Hosts reserve the right to extend or shorten this period at their sole discretion.
How to Enter
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the Contest, or to win any of the prizes.
Only ONE (1) entry will be permitted per Charity or Non-Profit Organization.
- Contestants will fill out all required fields in the submission form on the Contest’s website.
- TapSnap Vancouver and TapSnap™ reserve the right to reject entries if they appear to be fraudulent, or those that do not comply with the Contest’s Official Rules.
Winner Selection and Notification
- Winners for the Contest will be based on the highest number of public votes. A total of three (3) Charities or Non-Profit-Organizations will each win one (1) Photo Entertainment Package by TapSnap Vancouver.
- There will be only one (1) vote granted per person.
- Voting will be open to the public as well as employees from these Charities or Non-Profit Organizations.
- Voting is open to Canadian residents ONLY.
- Upon closure of the Contest, and final tally of votes, TapSnap Vancouver will contact the prize winners via email within five (5) days (the “Notification Email”).
- In order to successfully claim the prize, each winner must respond to TapSnap Vancouver’s Notification Email with the required information specified in the email within ten (10) business days. Should the winner fail to respond to TapSnap Vancouver’s Notification Email within the time allotted—ten (10) business days—, the winner will forfeit the prize, and the Contestant with the next highest number of votes will be awarded the prize.
- In the event of any dispute concerning the operation of any element of the Contest or the Rules, the decision of TapSnap Vancouver and TapSnap™ will be final and binding.
- Winners may be required to correctly answer a skill testing question in order to claim their prize.
- Winners may be required to provide TapSnap Vancouver and/or TapSnap™ a signed declaration confirming the winner’s compliance with the Rules, the winner’s release of TapSnap Vancouver, TapSnap™, and Vancity Buzz from any liability, and a Photo Entertainment Package contract.
Voting is only open to legal Canadian citizens or residents.
- The Voting Period is open from Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 at 09:00 AM PST and ends on Monday, May 30th, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST.
- TapSnap Vancouver and TapSnap™ reserve the right, at any time, to require proof of identity, and/or eligibility of those casting their vote.
- Employees of the selected charities or non-profit organizations are also eligible to vote.
- In order to cast a vote, the voter must provide their full name, email address, and postal code.
- Each person will be granted only one (1) vote per Charity or Non-Profit Organization per day.
- Each person will be able to vote for up to three (3) Charities or Non-Profit Organizations per day.
- By voting, each participant represents that he/she is eligible to participate in the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules.
The three (3) Grand Prizes are three (3) Photo Entertainment Packages which includes the TapSnap Kiosk, Social Photographer, Sharing Station, SnapCast, and custom branding. The total value of this package is up to $5000.00 for a full eight (8) hour event.
- Winners of the prizes will be determined by a public vote.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of votes garnered by the public.
- Three (3) grand prize winners will be selected by public vote by the end of the Contest.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-sellable, and must be accepted as awarded, without any substitutions or modifications.
- Photo Entertainment Packages provided by TapSnap are eligible for use only within ONE (1) year after being awarded.
- Photo Entertainment Packages cannot be redeemed within the allotted Black Out Period from December 19th, 2016 to January 9th, 2017.
- Each Participant is only eligible to win ONE (1) of the three (3) Photo Entertainment Packages.
- Photo Entertainment Packages are valid for up to eight (8) hours, and must be used entirely in one (1) day. TapSnap Vancouver is unable to split up the Photo Entertainment Package by hours or days.
- Participants acknowledge that should they opt to utilize TapSnap Vancouver’s Photo Entertainment Package for hours fewer than eight (8) hours, they are unable to utilize the balance of those hours towards another event.
- Participants also acknowledge that the use and enjoyment of each prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier of that prize.
Odds of Winning
The odds of winning one (1) of the three (3) Photo Entertainment Packages provided by TapSnap Vancouver rest with the number of votes each Entrant receives. The three (3) Entrants with the highest number of votes will each be eligible to win one (1) Photo Entertainment Package.
Limitations of Liability and Release
No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Hosts resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Hosts for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website, in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and hosts are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of the Website is at user’s own risk. The Hosts and Sponsor (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained by user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant and Voter releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s or Voter’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize, winners agree that the Released Parties shall not be liable for injury resulting from participation in the Contest, or the acceptance or use of any prize. The Released Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or scheduled events are cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control.